WELCOME!


Sunday, September 12, 2010

how to rate a night :-)

One of my awesome blogging ideas was to rate the places I visit and eat at. My first rating is done on a night out in Reston Town Center. We started with the hotel, which was the only one in the town center.
The Hyatt was…nice and clean. If you like boring styles in a room that looks like it was decorated by ikea then you might like this. It was incredibly romantic but that’s only because my hubs was there with strawberries and champagne and dimmed the lights. Very small bathtubs…do not float my boat…and this one was small. Other than that we slept well, couldn’t hear neighbors and had a great time.
McCormic and Shmicks was amazing! Anthony actually said he had the best seafood meal of his life there. We started with the rainbow sushi and it was great. They even put of dollop of mayonnaise on top of it which sounds awful but gave it a great creamy taste. I ordered the steak and shrimp medium rare and when I got the steak, it was actually medium rare! Can you believe it! There is a restaurant that doesn’t overcook steak! Anthony had stuffed swordfish and for dessert we had crème Brulee. It was a little more “bruleed” then I like but still good. I give it thumbs up!
We went out for drinks after and American Tap Room. Great drinks! I got a cosmo, apple tini and long island. Not to strong but apparently strong enough. Unfortunately if you don’t enjoy the company of hammered, single 50 something year old women…then don’t go before 10:00pm. After that it gets overcrowded and they open a dance floor where i WILL dominate! Good time though.
Overall, I would go to Reston Town center again but the one thing I would do different is try and keep things a little earlier so I don’t have to fight 19 year olds for a seat at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment